Thursday, April 15, 2010

Quinten Reviews Zeeks

I walked into the Belltown Zeeks over on a Monday afternoon expecting my taste buds to be let down. The first thing I noticed when I enter the Zeeks was that the wall were all black. The whole decor just seemed to scream 90's goth. It was no surprise that the employees greeted us with minimal enthusiasm. My conversation with the young lady from whom I ordered went something like this.


"And for you"
"Yes I would like a..."
"Wait" she said, cutting me off. She stood there for a second not doing anything and then nodded.
"Yes I would like a slice of cheese"

Let's face it. You don't usually put anecdotes like these into pizza reviews. But I thought it was necessary. I'm not saying that they were outlandishly rude, just insanely unfriendly. In my opinion, not the way to start off eating pizza.

The pizza itself was perfectly mediocre. It tasted like a pizza that would be served at an average party, with average guests, at some average house. It was warmed and not fresh. The slice had been sitting there for what looked like hours. The texture of the "za" hit my taste buds like a rough edged rock. I got through the milky mozzarella and the rather scrumptious provolone only to find a disappointing crust. It tasted dry, as if it came out of a bread machine.

All and all, my experience at Zeeks defined pedestrian pizza. It was neither good nor bad. Nothing jumped out at me, but nothing made me barf either. To sum up my experience I didn't like the pizza, the music, the staff or the restaurant. The location itself I did like however. It sits at a perfect spot for celebrity sightings (we saw two KEXP employees walk in while we were enjoying our meal.)

Zeeks Pizza: 2 1/2 stars


ZEEKS at Belltown

419 Denny Way

Seattle WA 98109

No comments:

Post a Comment